This morning coffee drink will get you going with less crash
Since trying this turmeric bulletproof coffee recipe (coffee with butter, coconut oil & turmeric) I cannot go without. I believe the original version of this is called “Bulletproof Coffee”. Is it an addiction? Maybe, but this coffee drink in my opinion is a healthy drink and breakfast replacement that will help you lose weight. This coffee plus healthy fats drink gives you calories for energy, caffeine for alertness and no sugar that will eventually give you a crash. If you are trying to remain in ketosis on a ketogenic diet it also has you covered.
I make this turmeric bulletproof coffee recipe drink as clean from toxins as I can by carefully selecting all ingredients. First, I use organic whole coffee beans then add grass-fed butter, unrefined coconut oil (or MCT oil made with only coconut oil as some has palm oil) and organic turmeric powder. I also use water that has been purified to remove toxins or spring water, ultimately trying for fluoride-free water. In addition, I brew the coffee in a stove-top, aluminum coffee maker to avoid passing hot water through plastic which has shown to cause some health issues.
- 2-3 TBSP Whole bean organic coffee (I usually go with a medium roast but it’s your preference)
- 1 TBSP Grass-fed butter (Kerrygold, Vital Farms or from a local farmer like this)
- 1 TBSP Coconut oil (or MCT oil)
- ¼ to ½ TSP Organic Turmeric powder
- 16 Oz. Water (preferably spring water that is not bottled by Nestle)
How this drink comes together
- Brew the coffee (How I brew mine: Grind the coffee beans up for about 15-20 seconds in a Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder. Add water and grounds to the coffee maker then brew the coffee)
- Add the coffee to a cup or thermos with ¼ to ½ teaspoon organic turmeric, grass-fed butter and coconut oil
- Give it a minute or so for the butter to melt then blend in glass blender or put in thermos and shake it up then pore.